The Data Governance Annual Conference
June 1-4, 2009 • Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
you miss the Data Governance Conference?
The conference CD-ROM is available. Click here.
Follow us on Twitter
Network with us Join the Data Governance Conference Group on LinkedIn
|Download Conference PDF Brochure|
Data Governance has emerged as a new discipline in response to both regulatory requirements as well as business necessity.
The 2009 Data Governance Annual Conference will focus on the "how tos" from starting a data governance and stewardship program to attaining data governance maturity. The conference will include in depth tutorials and presentations by leading data governance experts and numerous case studies.
The Data Governance Annual Conference will address the following topics:
- Governance basics
- Getting started in governance
- Selling data governance and gaining commitment from senior management
- Best practices in data governance
- Case studies and success stories in data governance
- Data protection
- What business leaders needs to know about data governance and data protection
- Data governance organizations what works
- How to sustain an effective data governance program after it is implemented
- SOA, enterprise information management, BI and enterprise architecture and data governance
- How to demonstrate the value of a data governance program
- Metrics and scorecards for governance efforts
- Master data management and governance
- Data stewardship
- Pitfalls to avoid in data governance deployments
- How to deal with cultural and political issues
- Data governance roles and responsibilities
- Information security and privacy practices
- New challenges data governance programs need to consider
- Data governance solutions and products
Panel: Data Governance Lessons Learned Practitioners' Panel
Robert S. Seiner - Moderator
Sponsorship and Exhibiting Opportunities Are Available
Please contact Davida Berger at 973-379-7212 or Davida@debtechint.com.
To view our June 2008 conference click here
What Attendees Have Said About the Data Governance Conference:
"Really great. Very practical first hand info and first class presenters. We can put this info to work right away to make a difference."
- Pat Patterson, Enterprise Data Architect
"This is a must attendance - to all planning to or
already managing a data governance program."
- Mona Pomraning, Enterprise Data Architect
"The conference was focused on exactly the type of
projects I'm working on right now. It was very timely information."
- Jim Viveralli, Data Architect
"What I learned will be immediately applicable back
- Eric Salzer, Program Manager
"I am just embarking on the DG journey (along with
my organization) and found this very helpful--both in terms of information
AND networking. Thank you so much!"
- Denise J. Lyon, Director Data Governance
"Very useful mostly from hearing the specifics from
- Ann Hartry, Manager
"Great to finally have a forum to meet like-minded
professionals and discuss our common challenges."
- Marguerite Grace, Data Architecture Manager