The Data Governance Annual Conference
June 2-5, 2008 • Hotel Kabuki, San Francisco
you miss the Data Governance Conference?
The conference CD-ROM is available.
|Download Conference PDF Brochure|
Data Governance has emerged as a new discipline in response to both regulatory requirements as well as business necessity.
The 2008 Data Governance Annual Conference will focus on the "how tos" in getting started, deploying and sustaining a data governance and stewardship program. The conference will include in depth tutorials and presentations by leading data governance experts and numerous case studies.
The Data Governance Annual Conference will address the following topics:
- Governance basics
- Getting started in governance
- Selling data governance to senior management
- Best practices in data governance
- Case studies and success stories on data governance
- How to establish data controls to support data governance
- How to build a data governance organization
- Metadata, SOA, enterprise information management and data governance
- How to demonstrate the value of a data governance program
- Data governance frameworks and methodologies
- Role of communications in successful data governance initiatives
- Metrics and ROI on governance efforts
- Master data management and governance
- How to develop and implement data stewardship
- Pitfalls to avoid in data governance deployments
- How to deal with change management, cultural and political issues
- Data governance roles and responsibilities
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Tools of data governance-templates, scorecards
- Information security and privacy practices
What Attendees Have Said About the Data Governance Conference:
"This is a must attendance - to all planning to or
already managing a data governance program."
- Mona Pomraning, Enterprise Data Architect
"The conference was focused on exactly the type of
projects I'm working on right now. It was very timely information."
- Jim Viveralli, Data Architect
"What I learned will be immediately applicable back
- Eric Salzer, Program Manager
"I am just embarking on the DG journey (along with
my organization) and found this very helpful--both in terms of information
AND networking. Thank you so much!"
- Denise J. Lyon, Director Data Governance
"Very useful mostly from hearing the specifics from
- Ann Hartry, Manager
"Great to finally have a forum to meet like-minded
professionals and discuss our common challenges."
- Marguerite Grace, Data Architecture Manager
Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are available. Please contact Davida Berger at 973 379-7212 or Davida@debtechint.com
To view our December 2007 conference click here.