Call for Presentations
Deadline April 17, 2017
DebTech International and DATAVERSITY are now accepting presentation proposals for the Data Governance Financial Services Conference scheduled for October 5-6, 2017, Jersey City, NJ.
We are interested in proposals that focus on case studies, lessons learned, success stories, practical strategies and methodologies related to data governance in the financial sector. We encourage novice presenters as well as experienced presenters to submit proposals for this event.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Case studies and success stories
- Making data governance operational in financial services
- Big data governance in the financial sector
- Complying with GDPR
- BCBS 239
- Governance artifacts for financial organizations
- Data policies and standards implementation
- Data management and information security-access control, data classification
- Data governance best practices and lessons learned in the financial sector
- Basel Risk Data Governance Principles
- Effective methods for compliance
- Handling regulatory reporting and oversight
- Data stewardship
- Reference data governance
- Governance, security and standards for blockchain, smart contracts and ledger technology
- Governance and Fintech
- Governance models for analytics
- Digital transformation impact on data governance
- The CDO and governance
- MDM and governance
- Ontologies such as Financial Industry Business Ontology (FIBO)
- Metrics and proving value
Presentations may be proposed in the following categories:
- Conference Sessions (45 minutes duration)
- Panels (45 minutes duration)
- Tutorials (2.5 hours)
Please take note of all the requirements and follow the presentation guidelines carefully.
Speaker Presentation Conditions
All speakers must agree to provide their presentation to DATAVERSITY and DebTech International in a standard electronic form (PowerPoint is required), no later than September 5, 2017. This is necessary to prepare the event proceedings and documentation. Speakers who are delinquent in meeting this deadline risk being replaced on the program.
By submitting a proposal, the speaker agrees to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event. These terms provide that copyright in original presentation material remains with the speaker, however DATAVERSITY and DebTech International are granted the right to record, reproduce and distribute each presentation in all forms of printed and electronic conference materials,including, but not limited to, the conference proceedings, printed attendee notes, the conference web site, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog), without royalties or fees payable to speaker. Sorry, there are no exceptions to these requirements.
All sessions will be rated by the audience for commercial content. Any speaker who is judged by the audience to have made an inappropriate sales pitch for his/her own company, book, product or service during a conference session risks having their presentation interrupted and/or halted, and will not be invited to participate at future conferences.
By submitting a proposal, speaker agrees that he/she has permission from his/her company to make the presentation under the terms outlined in this Call for Papers. If you do not have approval at the time you make the proposal, you must indicate this clearly.
Please CLICK HERE to Submit a Proposal